Friday, June 12, 2009

Today is Someday...

Hello again. It has been one of those days. Nothing is really wrong except that the J Man has been sent to the penalty box for the second time today. Sigh. Anyway, have you ever been doing what you always do and then something happens or someone says something that triggers a memory that you'd rather not remember? Well, that has happened to me twice today. I wish that I could just permanently forget these things. I want to tell someone, but talking doesn't help. No one wants to hear about it anyway. Nothing makes it go away, and no one has ever been able to help me. So, I guess I'll just watch some Zelenka videos on YouTube. He always makes me smile. Wait, that's it. In my first post, I said that Radek Zelenka was my favorite character and that maybe someday I would tell you why. Well, today is someday...


What I like about Radek Zelenka...

1) He's brilliant.

2) He's modest, humble, and mild mannered.

3) He's an underdog and unsung hero.

4) He and Dr. Carson Beckett are the sweetest two guys in Atlantis.

5) He's got a great accent. (He can "Talk Zelenka" to me any time.)

(Hey, I'm smiling! I knew it would work!)

6) He and Dr. Beckett are both very gentle. (Have you ever seen Zelenka touch a keyboard? No pounding. In fact, I can't imagine him ever hitting or handling anything roughly.)

7) He puts up with Rodney.

(OK, now I'm chuckling.)

8) He's a medvidek. (Sorry, I did the best I could with English characters.)

9) I like his hair. (I won't tell you why, but I do.)

10) I'm partial to blue eyes. (Dr. Beckett has them too.)

(Oh, and can you tell who my second favorite character is?)

11) He's considerate. (Watch the opening of Identity.)

12) He has a nice smile.

13 & 14) I won't tell you.

15) He's generally quiet (except when he's cursing in Czech).

16) He speaks Czech. (Any foreign language is a plus, and a Slavic one is even better.)

17) He's cute (especially when he's being bashful).

18, 19, and 20) I won't tell you.

(Now I'm laughing.)

21) He's funny.

22) I love his facial expressions, eye movements, and hand gestures.

23) He's not arrogant and never asks for any recognition or applause.

24) He looks good clean-shaven or with stubble. (Most men are one way or the other.)

25) He's a good worker.

26) He never says anything bad about anyone (except Rodney, but let's face it, he deserves it).

27) He seldom complains (except to himself in Czech and usually about Rodney).

28) I plead the 5th.

29) He would only lose a certain game to one other person. (Sorry, I can't tell you.)

30 & 31) Something else I won't tell you.

32) He's selfless (as when he tried to go to the satellite Wraith zapper thingy in The Siege. Don't you love it when I use technical language?)

33) I think he would be a wonderful friend.

34) He's an all around nice guy and a good person.



OK, just to be fair, here are the things I don't like about Radek Zelenka...

1) He's not real.

2) He doesn't like kids. (He hasn't exactly had much experience with good ones though, so I can't really fault him for that.)

3) It seems like he's always getting zapped (Tao of Rodney, Quarantine...) or injured (Adrift, Identity...) (Each time I say, "Don't kill/hurt Zelenka!!!")

4) He never gets a girlfriend or even a kiss on the cheek for pity sake. (What's that about? If Rodney can get Allina (The Brotherhood), Katie, and Dr. Keller to like him, then why can't Radek have a love interest?)

5) Hmmmm... Nope, I suppose that's it.



OK, so I'm feeling a lot better now. Thanks a lot to the writers of Stargate Atlantis for creating and of course to David Nykl for playing such a wonderful, lovable character.


P.S. Just in case you were wondering, no, I'm not in love with Zelenka. I like him a lot, but that's it. And all the "I won't tell you" lines were just for fun. I needed a good mischievous laugh. Thanks in advance to David Nykl for being such a good sport.

5 comments:

  1. LOL. This is great! You put in a very fun and humerous way why so many fans really like Zelenka!
    Thanks, this put a nice smile on my face after a really tough week at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this list! Zelenka is my favorite too, for all the same reasons. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. je to borec!:D he is my champion

    ReplyDelete
  4. We Czech are proud of Zelenka.:-D He´s the best actor in SGA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can only say YES, YOU'RE RIGHT! :D

    ReplyDelete