Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Things I Never Thought I'd...

Hello again. You know, life never ceases to amaze me. I'm not talking about the awe-inspiring type of amazement like the Grand Canyon, a rainbow, or Mt. Rushmore. I'm talking about the "I can't believe this is actually happening" and "I'm going to laugh about this later" variety. And it seems that some of the things that amaze me most have happened after I've had children. For instance, there have been things that I never ever would have imagined myself saying or doing until after I had children and actually did them. I'm sure those of you who have these sweet little ankle-biting blessings completely understand. Here are just a few things I never thought I'd _______ (fill in the blank with a nice verb), that is until I had kids...

1) I never thought I'd have to tell someone, "Stop dancing on my chest." And believe it or not I was standing up at the time.

2) I never thought I'd hear myself say, "Get your foot out of the baby food jar!" That was before I started using a high chair. Can you imagine a baby trying to stick his foot into a jar of green beans while I'm trying to feed him? Ah, the J Man, he is a cutie.

3) Speaking of green beans, I never thought I'd have to clean baby food off of the wall above the sliding patio door. Yep. Cleaning it off of the floor and vertical blinds below was the easy part.

4) I never thought I'd find food on several sides of my computer. Come to think of it, the food was green beans. Hmm, I'm beginning to sense a theme here. I'm just glad he likes the orange vegetables.

And I know that these little tidbits will not be the last or even the greatest amazements, but with two kids under two, I'm still new to this parenting thing. I'm just trying to enjoy this time of peace before my son learns to flush the toilet... Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment